This Respirable Crystalline Silica (Silica) Awareness Training Online course is for workers and supervisors whose normal work duties present a reasonable likelihood of disturbing or coming into contact with crystalline silica.
This course is specifically for workers that conduct high energy activities such as cutting, sawing, grinding, drilling, polishing and crushing of materials containing crystalline silica which have the potential of generating Respirable Crystalline Silica.
This training course will also assist employers in meeting their Work Health and Safety Legislation obligations in providing training in silica awareness to workers and supervisors.
The purpose of respirable crystalline silica awareness training is to ensure workers understand where crystalline silica might be found and what steps to take to stay safe.
Training will provide participants with information on:
- Respirable crystalline silica and your health
- Government oversight
- Managing the risk
- Monitoring and reviewing risk controls
- Health monitoring requirements
The contents of this course is based on Model Work Health and Safety Laws and relevant Model Codes of Practice relating to crystalline silica.
The course content is being prepared by HSE Risk Pty Ltd risk management consultants and leading Occupational Hygienists together with input from legal practitioners. This course has been reviewed by an occupational health and safety systems auditor as to meeting the respirable crystalline silica awareness training requirements under Model WHS Laws.
Collaborators on the course content are:
- Gary Rhyder – Gary is Certified Occupational Hygienist specialising in occupational hygiene including asbestos with over 30 years’ experience, a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) and has held leadership positions previously in the AIOH and previously an NSW WorkCover Occupational Hygienist.
- Occupational Hygienists of Pickford and Rhyder – A consultancy among Australia’s leading Occupational Hygienists specialising in comprehensive risk assessments for workplace hazards, asbestos, airbornes dusts and fibres and laboratory analysis.
The best Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness Training Online.
This new 100% Online Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness Course is a simple, easy and convenient way to learn – Enrol Now!
Checkout the course trailer below: