This online training course has been developed in response to the release of Standards for managing construction waste in NSW (April 2019) by the New South Wales Environment Protection Authority (EPA) (the Standards). The purpose of the training provided by this course is to provide a general overview and a learning and development platform to enable operators of C&D waste facilities to meet the training requirements of the Standards (Standard 220.127.116.11.a and 18.104.22.168.b) and to assist C&D waste facilities personnel in understanding the key requirements of the POEO Act, POEO Regulations (Waste) and the Environment Protection Licence (EPL). It is not intended to provide legal advice or answer complex questions.
The course content has been prepared by HSE Risk Pty Ltd risk management consultants and NSW leading waste industry experts together with input from legal practitioners. The course has been reviewed by an environmental systems auditor as meeting the EPA’s requirements in the subject areas.
Collaborators on the course content are:
- David White – A recognized waste industry compliance practitioner with 30 years’ experience including 8 years managing EPL compliance for seven separate facilities for the Benedict Industries Group.
- Henry Moore – Formerly NSW EPA Manager Waste Strategy and Innovation, Henry’s experience as an environmental regulator and policy-maker provides a detailed understanding of the NSW waste regulatory framework and EPA policies relating to waste regulation and compliance.
- John Whitehouse – John is a Solicitor in private practice specializing in environment and planning law with 20 years’ experience and has lectured at Macquarie University in Environmental Law. He had been the Assistant Director of the NSW Department of Environment and Planning and Director of the National Parks and Wildlife Service.
Who is this Course for?
This course NSW C&D Waste Facility Environmental Laws & Licence Awareness Training is for all personnel performing duties at NSW C&D Waste Facilities as required by the NSW EPA Standards including operators, managers and supervisors.
Once successfully completed, Students will be issued with a Certificate of Completion for NSW C&D Waste Facility Environmental Laws & Licence Awareness Training.
Certificates can be downloaded by students in your account.
- 100% Online Course – Complete your course quickly and easily online, no need to visit a classroom and no paperwork.
- Same Day Certificate – Upon completion your certificate can be downloaded from your account.
- Flexibility to learn at your own pace – We keep a record of how far you’ve progressed with your course, so you can complete it whenever you prefer.
Average course completion time - 60 minutes.
For group bookings, select the 'Group' function or review web page FAQs for more information. For specific requirements, simply contact us to discuss.