This online training course has been developed to give workers and supervisors the general knowledge they need to identify and work safely with asbestos or asbestos containing material (ACM).
This training course will also assist employers in meeting their Work Health and Safety Legislation obligations in providing training in asbestos awareness to workers and supervisors.
The purpose of asbestos awareness training is to ensure workers understand where asbestos might be found and what steps to take to stay safe. It is not intended to provide legal advice or answer complex questions.
Training will provide participants with information on:
- Identification, safe handling and appropriate control measures
- Asbestos containing materials (ACMs)
- Naturally occurring asbestos
- Health effects
- Relevant laws
The contents of this course is based on Model Work Health and Safety Laws and Model Codes of Practice relating to asbestos.
The course content has been prepared by HSE Risk Pty Ltd risk management consultants and leading Occupational Hygienists together with input from legal practitioners. This course has been reviewed by an occupational health and safety systems auditor as to meeting the asbestos awareness training requirements under Model WHS Laws.
Collaborators on the course content are:
- Gary Rhyder – Gary is Certified Occupational Hygienist specialising in occupational hygiene including asbestos with over 30 years' experience, a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) and has held leadership positions previously in the AIOH and previously a NSW WorkCover Occupational Hygienist.
- Occupational Hygienists of Pickford and Rhyder - A consultancy among Australia's leading Occupational Hygienists specialising in comprehensive risk assessments for workplace hazards, asbestos, airbornes dusts and fibres and laboratory analysis.
Who is this Course for?
This Asbestos Awareness Training Online is for workers and supervisors whose normal work duties present a reasonable likelihood of disturbing or coming into contact with asbestos.
Once successfully completed, Students will be issued with a Certificate of Completion for Asbestos Awareness Training.
Certificates can be downloaded by students in your account.
- 100% Online Course – Complete your course quickly and easily online, no need to visit a classroom and no paperwork.
- Same Day Certificate – Upon completion your certificate can be downloaded from your account.
- Flexibility to learn at your own pace – We keep a record of how far you’ve progressed with your course, so you can complete it whenever you prefer.
- This Course is suitable for workers in NSW, QLD, NT, SA, WA, VIC & TAS (ACT has additional Territory specific requirements, refer authority website for detail).
Average completion time - 60 minutes.
For group bookings, select the 'Group' function or review web page FAQs for more information. For specific requirements, simply contact us to discuss.