This online Respired Crystalline Silica Awareness refresher training course has been developed to give workers and supervisors the general knowledge they need to identify and work safely with materials containing crystalline silica.
This training course will also assist employers in meeting their Work Health and Safety Legislation obligations in providing training in Respirable Crystalline Silica awareness to workers and supervisors.
The purpose of Respired Crystalline Silica Awareness refresher training is to ensure workers understand where crystalline silica might be found and what steps are needed to take to stay safe. It is not intended to provide legal advice or answer complex questions.
Training will provide participants with information on:
- Respirable Crystalline Silica and your health
- Government oversight
- Managing the risk
- Monitoring and reviewing risk controls
- Health monitoring requirements
The contents of this course is based on Model Work Health and Safety Laws and Model Codes of Practice relating to respirable crystalline silica.
Silica Awareness Course Content
This course content has been prepared by HSE Risk Pty Ltd risk management consultants and leading Occupational Hygienists together with input from legal practitioners. This course has been reviewed by an occupational health and safety systems auditor as to meeting the Respirable Crystalline Silica awareness training requirements under Model WHS Laws.
Collaborators on the course content are:
- Gary Rhyder – Gary is Certified Occupational Hygienist specialising in occupational hygiene including respirable crystalline silica with over 30 years’ experience, a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) and has held leadership positions previously in the AIOH and previously a NSW WorkCover Occupational Hygienist.
- Occupational Hygienists of Pickford and Rhyder – A consultancy among Australia’s leading Occupational Hygienists specialising in comprehensive risk assessments for workplace hazards, asbestos, airbornes dusts and fibres and laboratory analysis.
Who is this Course for?
This Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness Training Online is specifically for all workers that conduct high energy activities such as cutting, sawing, grinding, drilling, polishing and crushing materials containing crystalline silica which have the potential of generating Respirable Crystalline Silica (silica).
Once successfully completed, Students will be issued with a Certificate of Completion for the online Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness Training for personnel course.
Certificates can be downloaded by students in your account.
- 100% Online Course – Complete your course quickly and easily online, no need to visit a classroom and no paperwork.
- Same Day Certificate – Upon completion your certificate can be downloaded from your account.
- Flexibility to learn at your own pace – We keep a record of how far you’ve progressed with your course, so you can complete it whenever you prefer.
- This Course is suitable for workers in Australia.
Average completion time – 60 minutes.
For group bookings, select the ‘Group’ function or review web page FAQs for more information. For specific requirements, simply contact us to discuss.