This Asbestos Awareness Training Online course is for workers and supervisors whose normal work duties present a reasonable likelihood of disturbing or coming into contact with asbestos.
This training course will also assist employers in meeting their Work Health and Safety Legislation obligations in providing training in asbestos awareness to workers and supervisors.
Training will provide participants with information on:
- Identification, safe handling and appropriate control measures
- Asbestos containing materials (ACMs)
- Naturally occurring asbestos
- Loose fill asbestos
- Health effects
- Relevant laws
The contents of this course is based on Model Work Health and Safety Laws and Model Codes of Practice relating to asbestos. Suitable for workers in NSW, QLD, NT, SA, WA, VIC & TAS (ACT requires other specific training).
The course content has been prepared by HSE Risk Pty Ltd risk management consultants and leading Occupational Hygienists together with input from legal practitioners. This course has been reviewed by an occupational health and safety systems auditor as to meeting the asbestos awareness training requirements under Model WHS Laws.
Collaborators on the course content are:
- Gary Rhyder – Gary is Certified Occupational Hygienist specialising in occupational hygiene including asbestos with over 30 years' experience, a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) and has held leadership positions previously in the AIOH and previously an NSW WorkCover Occupational Hygienist.
- Occupational Hygienists of Pickford and Rhyder - A consultancy among Australia's leading Occupational Hygienists specialising in comprehensive risk assessments for workplace hazards, asbestos, airbornes dusts and fibres and laboratory analysis.
This 100% Online Asbestos Awareness Course is a simple, easy and convenient way to learn - Enrol Now!.
Checkout the course trailer below.